My primary focus is to support and enhance story.
Sound is used to describe and inform emotions, environments, and situations. In addition to Clear words, the Natural Sound and Designed Sonic World help viewers feel and interpret the reality and weight of story.
Capturing every “moment” is key and while technical on the surface, the task really boils down to communication, people skills and storytelling.
I pursue collaborative relationships throughout the entire creation process; Pre-production planning to Post-production Delivery. This allows the team to concentrate on Beats and Emotional goals, the “Magic”; including Story Arcs, Development and Documentary Objectives, Entertainment Value and Safety.
My experience and functional understanding in Production and Post-production give me an advantage both artistically and technically. I’ve supervised more than 400 films and have worked as Communications Media professor for 14 years. I’ve developed classes in Production Sound, Post-production Sound and Business for Creatives.
I believe in paying it forward and welcome the opportunity to work with Students and new Creatives. I also speak Production and Post-latin!
– Spotting Sessions
– Copyright | IP | Management
– Production Sound
– Field Recording
– Game Audio
– Sound Design
– Sound Editorial
– Rerecording Mixing
– Music Composition
– Strong written and verbal communication
– Functional Understanding of Production
– Organized & Strong Attention to Detail
– Business Acumen: IP, Management, Permitting, Process, Campaign, Brand Identity, Strategy,
– Physically fit and capable to safely navigate and survive extreme environments and situations with tact
– Appreciation and respect for collection, confidentiality, safety, and protection of information
– Mentoring: Elementary through Graduate
– Certified RSO – Range Safety Officer
– Certified FAA – Remote PIC Part 107
– Search and Rescue – Drone Operations
– Safety Pass Certified: Contract Services IATSE TTF
– WHMIS Certified: Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety [CCOHS]
– Have Passport, Love Travel
– No fear of heights, Excellent swimmer