- Excellent written and oral communication skills,
- Solid understanding of production processes, ability to handle intense deadlines pressure and multiple tasks
- Outstanding organization skills and attention to detail
- Physically fit and capable of safely navigating and surviving in extreme environments and situations with tact
- Understanding, appreciation and respect regarding confidentiality, safety, and protection of information
- Supervision: Spotting Sessions, Planning, Work-flow, Storytelling, Music, Asset Management, Collaboration
- Sound Editing: Dialogue, ADR, BGs, FX, SPFX, Foley, Cloth, Music, Stereo and 5.1 Mixing
- Production Sound: Boom Operation, Mic Techniques, Wireless, Lavs, Analogue and Digital Recorders and Mixers, FX Recording, Single and Dual Systems
- Audio Engineering: Recording, Mixing, Mastering, Automation, Analogue and Digital, ProTools, Adobe Audition, Waves, iZotope, McDSP and other Plugins
- Teaching: Three years as the incumbent Sound Instructor at AFI, I provided Fellows a solid working knowledge in everything from Production Sound Mixing through Sound Editorial and Delivery, including Production and Post-production Theory, Techniques, Workflow, Communication, Planning, Documentation and Protocol with regard to Film Sound; all the while emphasizing story and strong collaboration.
FILM and Television PRODUCTION
– Location Technical Surveys
– Location and Sound Effects Recording
– Boom Operation
– Production Sound Mixing: Cart and Over The Shoulder / Run N Gun
– On Set Procedures
– Communication and Processes
– BC Institute of Film Professionals and WHIMS Certificate
– NRA Range Safety Officer Certificate
AUDIO POST PRODUCTION
– Spotting Sessions
– Story Telling
– Sound Design Planning and Workflow
– Production Dialogue Editing
– ADR Recording and Editing
– BG’s, Foley, ADR, SFX and SPFX Recording
– Editing and Pre-Mixing
– Synchronization, Time Code and Clock
– Dolby Encoding and Decoding
– Final Mix in Theater Environment
– Low Frequency Effects Techniques
– 5.1 signal routing, Multi channel panning, Mono/Stereo mix compatibility
– LTRT and 5.1 Printing
– DA98/DSR2000 Layback using Machine Control in a Pro Tools Environment
– Audio Restoration Using DSP Techniques
– Digitally remaster audio from analog sources
Midi Utilization and Implementation
Organization of Functional Recording and Mix Studios with Analog and Digital equipment
Manage, Produce and Complete live studio recording sessions within a strict time frame
Operate signal processing equipment in a music production context and demonstrate current industry practices in areas of Microphone Technique
Acoustic Treatment and Session Planning
Mixing and Mastering the components of Recording Sessions
- Effective interpersonal skills and relationship-building skills.
- Strong customer-service orientation.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Self motivated and directed.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Dynamic, success minded attitude with an emphasis on quality and timely results.
- Self starter & motivator with strong attention to details